Friday, February 17, 2006

Lecture......and Kamila.......

My mum just gave me a huge lecture on how I'm just not helping her around the house.........
Urghhh its sooo bugging when you are reading a good book or writing and Your Mum comes into your room or make that barges into your room and says
"I want to talk to you"
At that precise moment I always feel like screaming and stamping my feet and just throwing things on the floor or smashing them on the wall BUT i guess ii can't reallly do all of what I want to do....so instead I ut down my book with great effort and folded my legs which was a signal for my Mum , in a away as she just shot off after that.....
It felt like she had kept quite a few complaints about me inside her and so now that she got half a chance she just blew off, complaints spewing out of her mouth like foam...........the list went like this
1-I do no clean my room before two months.
2- I am very careless about my own stuff.
3-I don not help her around the house.
4-Maths marks are veryyyyyyyyyyy bad.
5-Not exactly being polite these days.
6- Reading soo many books is making me weird and moody.
7-I write depressing poems which worries her.
8-No one would want me as their daugher-in-law.
9-I'm getting fatter.
10- I don't exactly give a damn about any of the above...

Well after hearing this whole long speech, i really started to worry......Nos. 1-8 didnot matter much.....Hmm do i care if someone would want me as their daughter-in-law?
For God's sake...........I mean ok...it might worry my Mom but this thing worrying any 15-year-old only means she is either crazy or .......CRAZZZYYYYY (:P)

About the part where my Mom mentioned that i was growing more and more fat by the day, I'm really worried about it.I mean its sooo true. Its not like any of my clothes are getting tight or anything But i do feel them getting a bit snug..............

I just re-reead Kartography by Kamila Shamsie.God1 its awesome....No words to explain the beauty of the words in it. As i've mentioned before, I love to read books by Kamila Shamsie.I've already read Salt and Saffron and also Broken Verses by her. In Kartography, there are all those wonderful anagrams like "the road leading to the airport" became "Pin my aorta or glide to death" and "cartographer" became "chop Ra's garter" etc etc. This book is all about the Civil War in 1971 and Karachi as it has evolved over the time. I love it when Kamila writes:
"Can angels lie spine-to-spine? If not, How they must envy us humans"
and also when she writes:
"Do all tentacled creatures produce ink? Does the cuttlefish? Can you write on the waves with Cuttle-ink?"
The book is so imginative and speculative..........

The part where Karim and Raheen (the two friends) imagine that the cotton bolls were clouds descending from heaven to rest on the ground. And Karim says:
"Look Ra I found you an angel in disguise"
An in his palm was a small red lady-bird.
Raheen says:
"If i rub its back will my finger come of red?"

Its amazing how everything seems beautiful from Kamila's point of view

I'll add more stuff about the book later....
gtg ciao